Pitt Meadows Orthodontics
Now that you have your braces, how do you take care of them? It's important for you to know how to properly take care of your braces throughout your entire orthodontic treatment.
Don't worry; you'll be eating popcorn and snacking on potato chips again in no time! However, before you can start enjoying some of the treats you love, you will need to take special care to avoid any foods that could damage your new appliances.
• Crunchy foods - popcorn, chips, ice
• Sticky foods - caramel candies, chewing gum
• Hard foods - nuts, hard candies
• Foods that require biting into - corn on the cob, apples, carrots (you can cut these to smaller pieces to enjoy)
• Dairy - soft cheese, pudding, milk-based drinks
• Breads - soft tortillas, pancakes, muffins w/o nuts• Grains - pasta, soft cooked rice
• Meats/poultry - soft cooked chicken, meatballs, lunch meats
• Seafood - tuna, salmon, crab cakes
• Vegetables - mashed potatoes, steamed spinach, beans
• Fruits - applesauce, bananas, fruit juice
• Treats - ice cream w/o nuts, milkshakes, Jell-O, soft cake